Whats next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I have a 10g tank with 3 neon tetras. I have had other fish but they died. What type of fish do you reccomend I buy next?

The tank has cycled for a strong 3 months, so I want something that could tolerate a spike in nitrites. My readings for nitrites and nitrates are as low as 0.

well if you feel your tank is cycled and have consistent levels of 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and between 5-20 ppm of nitrates, then id up the school of tetras since they will feel more comfortable with more (at least 6) and maybe a few albino corys (2 or 3) for bottom dwellers if you are willing to keep up with the water changes to keep nitrates below 20ppm.

not much fits into a 10 gallon, and what does you cant have very many.

also id try to figure why your other fish died, before putting more in.

The others came sick from the store. I would prefer not to keep Corys, as I don't have sand, and have had bad luck in the past with them.

well that is the only bottom dweller i can think of that will fit in a 10 gallon, maybe some snails then? or some red cherry shrimp, like i said 10 gallon is small and options are pretty limited.

well that is the only bottom dweller i can think of that will fit in a 10 gallon, maybe some snails then? or some red cherry shrimp, like i said 10 gallon is small and options are pretty limited.

I was thinking a platy or 2. Definitely have 5-6 neons first though.

Back
Top Bottom