When snails....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christerrell2k3

Aquarium Advice Regular
when snails float, are they doing that for enjoyment? or cause they have a deathwish? or have they fullfilled their wish?

I'm thinking they only float when they get bubbles caught in their shells, IME. I don't know if they are hoping to fly to their doom, but I did have a black apple that climbed out of the tank about a million times, I'd find him dried up in the morning with a trail of slime on the carpet and just throw him back in to rehydrate, but he would never learn. So perhaps some of them are truly self-loathing creatures. LOL

I also had a 3" apple that always got air in his shell crawling over the 48" long air bar. He would surf all over the place, desperately hanging out of his shell, trying to catch some ground.

bahahaha it seems that the sloth da snail has decided to live for the night.. he has grappled himself onto the buddah statue... we shall see how long this goes on for.

MOst snails breath air and do this with an air bubble trapped under their shell. Sometimes this leads to surfing.

Back
Top Bottom