where to install marineland 400 circulation pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronjohn20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any ideas on where to install my circulation pump. My tanks a 46g bowfront and the only fish I am concerned about is the betta being able to get up for air. As you can see I just threw it in the tank. Its in the left top corner and my filter is towards the bottom right corner. Don't really want it to be an eye sore but would also like for it to be effective also. Any ideas?

ForumRunner_20120911_140150.jpg

What is the reason for the power head?

Keep debris from settling on the substrate?

To agitate the surface?

Oh sorry lol. to keep stuff from settling on the substrate. I know where I have it now isn't gonna help that out too much but like I said I don't really want it to be an eye sore but the only way I could think of where to stick it to keep stuff from settleing would be on the side towards the bottom

Yep there's a marineland penguin 350 in there. The pump is a marineland maxi-jet 400 and I can configure it different ways. Right now as a circulaion pump its rated at 500gph. If I convert it into a powerhead it'll drop down to 110gph.

To help the debris from settling I'd aim it towards the glass diagonal and downward a little.

The other poster is correct. They may be too much flow. Just keep an eye on the fish, if there struggling you'll know.

my 350 keeps my 55 spotless , i think a power head is over kill and unless you are keep species from fast moving rivers your gonna have problems

Oh well I guess lol. I'm gonna be getting inbetween a 75g and 125g so it'll come into use eventually. The cories like to play in the current. All the other fish have figured out where the current is and avoid it for the most part. Still watching my betta though.

Well I converted it over to a power head just to reduce the flow. Oh and I just looked at my pirst pic and you can really notice the current if you look at scuba steve in front of the sunken ship lol

ForumRunner_20120911_201733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom