Where to put donor media in HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meloyelo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wanted to see what opinions are for where to put donor media in an Aqua Clear 70. Everything is stacked up in the media tray so I didn't know the best area in that stack to get things good and seeded. Right now I have it between the foam and bio-media bag. I didn't use the carbon bag at all. Thanks for any input.

Meloyelo

meloyelo said:
Wanted to see what opinions are for where to put donor media in an Aqua Clear 70. Everything is stacked up in the media tray so I didn't know the best area in that stack to get things good and seeded. Right now I have it between the foam and bio-media bag. I didn't use the carbon bag at all. Thanks for any input.

Meloyelo

Yeah that's fine. Squish it where ever it can fit, and squeeze some of the yuckiness out of the sponge onto your other filter media. I don't think there's a method. Just do it anyway you can.

Yeah that's fine. Squish it where ever it can fit, and squeeze some of the yuckiness out of the sponge onto your other filter media. I don't think there's a method. Just do it anyway you can.

+1

You squeeze that sucker in wherever you can. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom