Where to put my Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xr3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a MALE betta living in a 2.5 gallon tank but the tank is becoming quite the pain in my *** and he seems to not like it.. i have a 10 gallon tank with 4 tetras, a adf, a German blue ram and two albino Cory.. I also have a 40 gallon tank with a pleco and 5 tiger barbs. Anyone have any ideas where I can put him? After a about three more days I'm going to be forced to move him somewhere and I haven't come up with a good idea..

I currently have a MALE betta living in a 2.5 gallon tank but the tank is becoming quite the pain in my *** and he seems to not like it.. i have a 10 gallon tank with 4 tetras, a adf, a German blue ram and two albino Cory.. I also have a 40 gallon tank with a pleco and 5 tiger barbs. Anyone have any ideas where I can put him? After a about three more days I'm going to be forced to move him somewhere and I haven't come up with a good idea..
I tried b4 and he killed off 4 of my sharks my female betta and my sucker don't put it with any other fish they will fight off and kill another intimating fish that's no joke I lost allot of money in fish trying that

I once had a betta in a 10 gal tank with two cory cats and a few tetras. They all got along fine. From what little research I have done, and I'm no fish expert, you should be ok with the adf and blue ram. However, I would recommend keeping your 2.5 gal betta tank cycling so that if the betta causes a ruckus, you can pull him out if there and put him back in the 2.5.

I have tried a betta with rams and it did not work very well for me. But every betta have a different personality. I had a male that would guard baby guppies from their parents so you really won't know till you try.
The barbs might be tail nippy depending on how long/big your Betta's tail is

I had a male Betta in a 29g with neon tetras, dwarf gouramis, and cories. He was quite the bully, until, at the advice of a friend, I put 4 female Bettas in the tank with him, and added some floating plants for nesting. Then he left the other fish alone, and was quite content with his little harem. Just make sure you add at least 3 females, otherwise he may chase them to death. 3 or more females will force him to spread his ardor between more targets, giving them all time to rest. Also, you'll need ample floating vegetation, either live or artificial, so that each female can claim a territory. The only problem I had after adding the females was getting rid of so many babies.

One, don't add females, they'll either destroy him or vice versa.

I'd see if you can move the ram and tetras to the 40g and the betta to the 10 with the adf. You may have to check to see if the ram would be a good fit with tiger barbs first though. Just keep an eye on the betta to make sure he doesn't pick at the frog

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom