which fish is the good garbage and algae eating fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbrro

Aquarium Advice Regular
hay guy how r u all..........
i have 180 letter fresh tank.......i have many fishes in it......but wht is the perfect fish for garbage and algae eating ......not only algae but also eats garbage and uneaten foods.:confused:

I would go with a bristle nose pleco....eat algae well when young and uneaten foods like a vacuum cleaner.

Otocinclus are good. Snails are really good at taking care of extra food. Siamese Algae Eaters are also supposed to be good.

If you're looking for something to eat fish waste, I think you're out of luck.

i had major algae problem in my 33gal tank. had that nasty brown algae covering 50% of the tank surface. I bought one tiny sailfin pleco and 3 days later the entire tank was spotless...i love those plecos...they really do go to work.

BNP's are nocturnal, not sure if its due to size or not but m BNP's and RNP's stay well hidden during daylight hours.

i have a chinese algae eater .he does a great job cleaning the tank .but hes aggresive to my fish

hay guys .......thanks you for advices.......i bought a electric blue cry fish.....and did good job for the waste and the food that on the lower part of the tank......also i have a rainbow fish and it is also good.

Keep an eye on your crayfish they are known to get slower moving fish and sleeping fish.

Back
Top Bottom