which medication for sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slroo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have some rainbows I just recently bought and have quarantined them. I have noticed their poo is white and stringy, which leads me to believe it is an internal parasite or internal bacterial infection. Does anyone know how to tell the difference and what kind of medicine and where I can find it? I have heard of medicated food, but not sure if that is the way to go, and don't know where to find it. It's not at Petsmart or Petco for sure.

melafix or primafix, one of them take scare of interal parasites, I don't rememebr which one, maybe both, but eithe rone is awesome

Petsmart generally carries Jungle anti-parasite food and/or gel-tek ultra cure px for parasites and Jungle anti-bacterial food and gel-tek ultra cure bx for bacteria. You may have to crush the jungle food for smaller fish. Some fish ignore the gel-tek food so you may have to add it to some other food. Heres some links gel tek foods and three for jungle anti-bacteria packaging,
anti-parasite packaging, and bottles

Melafix and pimafix, IMO will not do anything for internal parasites. Apocalypse_Gold has nailed my first choice for treatment for internal parasites. If the fish refuse to eat the food, you can try Jungle's Parasite clear.

Back
Top Bottom