which size tank to use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
There's been a slight emergency with a tank cracking. I have 5 goldfish of various sizes that had been in a 35 gallon tank and now I can either put them in a 20 gallon long or a 25 gallon standard which is 24 inches long and 24 inches tall. They'd be in it for a few weeks until I can buy the 55 gallon that will become their permanent home. So which tank should I use for their temporary home? I'll be putting probably 2 filters in it and a powerhead so there should be adaquet oxygenation either way.

go with the 25. bigger is better. They will be fine for a while until you get the larger tank.

How are you liking Denver?

Go with the 20L. Petco has their "Dollar per gallon sale" on this week. I'd suggest you pick up one of those if you don't have the tank already. The 20L is longer and has more surface area, actually a 29 gallon wouldn't be bad either. I'd recommend 25% water changes every other day or third day for either tank. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom