White Water Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday, one of the pipes burst somewhere for my apartment complex. The water was shut off for a few hours and then turned back on (I was never informed of this since I was out most of the day). Anyway, I'm about to make pasta and the water coming out of the tap is cloudy white and eventually it all fizzled off (which is apparently "white water"). I called maintenance and apparently the water is "safe" for me, the fish, and the plants. I'm not buying it. He claimed the water was cloudy due to dirt and sediment from backed up pipes and then the burst. But... the internet says it's white water. Either way, I haven't been drinking it nor have I used it to do water changes.

It does exactly what this link shows:
Why is my tap water cloudy?

Any opinions?

It is completely safe if it is white water. The water at my folk's house has looked like that for 20 years... they are still alive :)

its just air diffused into the water...the bathroom sink at my old house used to do that all the time... its perfectly safe..

the fact that the water was shut off and turned back on concerns me a bit.. i would make sure the water is clear and free of sediment. fill up a clear glass.. let it sit for 30 min to an hr.. and make sure the bottom of the glass is still clear.

Test the tap water... PH, NH3, etc...

When you said white water, the first thing that came into my mind was water treated with chlorine.

Back
Top Bottom