Why change water if I have Prime?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jojobo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Doesn't Prime lock the ammonia, nitrites, nitrates for two days? So just add every few days. I'm not planning on doing this, I'm just wondering why.

Ticking time bomb..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are other benefits to water changes. Here s the bottom line, you have fish tanks so that means water changes. It s just that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Prime vs Water Changes

Doesn't Prime lock the ammonia, nitrites, nitrates for two days? So just add every few days. I'm not planning on doing this, I'm just wondering why.

Hello jo...

Prime will remove forms of nitrogen and the chemicals the public water people put into the tap to make the water save to drink. Changing the water will remove the forms of nitrogen harmful to the fish. The water change goes a bit further by replacing the minerals the fish and plants need for good health. Minerals are removed over time as the tank water passes through the filter.

B

The Prime also only converts up to a certain amount of ammonia. Once there is too much the Prime can't convert it all.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom