Why to do with bowls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 1 .5 bowl and 2 1G bowls for "goldfish". I was hoping I could do plants or bamboo or something ? Any ideas?? Shrimp? Anything?

Look up Newman's Shrimp Bowl. It's pure awesomeness! I hope to do something like that with my 1g "goldfish" bowl!

I used my old fish bowls to make bamboo containers. I got hydro beads and the bamboo grows great in there. :)

absolutangel04 said:
I used my old fish bowls to make bamboo containers. I got hydro beads and the bamboo grows great in there. :)

Is bamboo aquatic?? What's hydro beads? I didn't know I could do a lot with just bowls!

HN1 said:

It it easy just saltwater and they die easily right? Have been wanting to do this! I could use for fry though:) I might order it but what are all the supplies needed?

Malawi Freak said:
They are about the easiest plant there is. They actually thrive in cold water.

Yay :D the .5G is actually .9 but it's not a gallon it's weird. I might do that! Cold water so no heater!!!

Fishie said:
Yay :D the .5G is actually .9 but it's not a gallon it's weird. I might do that! Cold water so no heater!!!

Yup, they like cold water and the occasional stir to keep them round. Besides, they are supposed to bring good luck.

blert said:
Yup, they like cold water and the occasional stir to keep them round. Besides, they are supposed to bring good luck.

I need all the luck I can get!! For one of the tanks I'm going to do the marimo balls!!! I heard the lucky bamboo but then it isn't aquatic :/ so maybe BBS for my other one but supplies?

blert said:

Tell that to my filter. I tried them with my cichlids and the next day I had a burnt out filter.

I need all the luck I can get!! For one of the tanks I'm going to do the marimo balls!!! I heard the lucky bamboo but then it isn't aquatic :/ so maybe BBS for my other one but supplies?
Its not fully aquatic, but the average bowl isn't tall enough to fit the whole thing in anyhow. Mine sticks out on the top. Bamboo can grow just fine with its bottom in water, but the leaves need to stick out. :)

Its not fully aquatic, but the average bowl isn't tall enough to fit the whole thing in anyhow. Mine sticks out on the top. Bamboo can grow just fine with its bottom in water, but the leaves need to stick out. :)

I do the same with bamboo, only with various sized vases and such, a fishbowl is the perfect size for an established bamboo plant

Dbouchard said:
I do the same with bamboo, only with various sized vases and such, a fishbowl is the perfect size for an established bamboo plant

Great bamboo for my other one :D only one more! Going to get supplies soon working at fish place this weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom