Will diamond tetras be nippy toward angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RachelG

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wanted to eventually get a school of about nine or ten diamond tetras to keep with my angelfish, who is currently still a quarter-sized baby. I want to wait a bit before adding more fish, though. Will diamonds be suitable, or will they be nippy even in a group this size?

I was also looking at pristella tetras but AqAdvisor lists them as too nippy for angels.

Tank is 37 gallon, and will be considered heavily planted once my crypts and stems grow up a bit more. That might be a few months, though. But I don't plan on getting more fish very soon anyway.

I had Diamond Tetras in with my Angels and had no issues with them bothering the Angels or the other way around for that matter, and they were very pretty.

I had Diamond Tetras in with my Angels and had no issues with them bothering the Angels or the other way around for that matter, and they were very pretty.

+1 keep mine with guppies, rasboras, rams, corrys and shrimp no fin nipping. Only thing I do experience is changing my feeding schedule with them swimming so fast the bottom feeders get no food. Feed the top feeders in the am and bottom feeders after lights go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom