Will Fish Starve if you Don't Feed Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m not sure about that. Skipping feeding for healthy fish also doesn’t quite make sense to me either. Most the fish we keep are nothing more than plankton pickers. They get fed a lot as it is. 3 days seems too excessive to me and if you have a heavily planted to in theory one small feed a day should be fine. I tend to throw in a bit extra for my shrimp and snails.
It wasn't about a regime of consistently skipping three days of feeding. It was about how many days a healthy fish can go without food while out of town. As far as fasting for digestive reasons it was argued 24 hours.

The intent was not to usurp someone else's thread. As the responses evolved, the idea was brought a couple of times up that skipping a day or two feeding was healthy. I simply responded to that.

It wasn't about a regime of consistently skipping three days of feeding. It was about how many days a healthy fish can go without food while out of town. As far as fasting for digestive reasons it was argued 24 hours.

I was responding to Red who stated some scientific studies suggested 3 times per day feeding. Not 3 days skipping. My typos probably didn’t make that very clear.

Back
Top Bottom