I am still new to aquariums, so pardon my ignorance.
I have three tanks, two of which are giving me problems at the moment. I have two 5 gal
tanks, one which developed small tiny parasites that looked more like pieces of lint than anything else. They are barely visible (though they might be nematodes, I am not sure). The first 5 gal
housed one female beta and three snails- since the parasite killer tabs were not safe for the snails, I removed and attempted to wash off the snails and transferred them to the second 5gal. Now the second 5 gal
is also infected and I am SURE it did not have them before.
How can I make sure that the snails are clean so that they do not keep bringing the parasites with them, since all 5 snails are now in the parasite infested tanks? I know that these tiny parasites are probably more of a nuisance than a danger, but I want them gone.
Also, is there any special care I should be applying to the live plants/decor/filters and the like to ensure that I will not have them again?