Worst Nightmare Come True

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It happened today. I got my python on to do my pwc and I left the sucker part hanging right above the water while I turned the sink on to begin sucking everything out. I just happened to look down and noticed that water was coming through the tube. Somehow the part that sucks dropped down into the fish tank. Before I walked out of the bathroom I noticed this huge clot of dirt coming through the tube and I thought man the tank must be dirtier than I thought.... then I realized it was JONAS! Jonas is my all black guppy who I have had for quite awhile now. I started freaking out because even when I turned the faucet off he was still being sucked towards the nozzle. I took a deep breath in and turned it to the fill option hoping and praying he would get spit back out into the tank. Luckily he didn't get sucked far enough into the nozzle to be really stuck. Once he got spit back into the tank I noticed his poor little fins had been torn a little. I'll take a couple of torn fins over losing him any day. He is alright thank goodness, but that scared the crap out of me!

I have one of this but I rarely use it anymore. All my fish are too big to fit in the hose on the tank where I actually leave it unattended for any amount of time (150g, takes a while :)). It came free with my water changing system or else I wouldnt have it. It would prevent that from happening again though ;)

I always use the fish guard that came with my python, especially in the guppy tank. My guppies need to investigate anything in the tank to see if it's edible. It'll take me two or three careful attempts to get a cup of water to prime my filter without catching a guppy.

I always use the fish guard that came with my python, especially in the guppy tank. My guppies need to investigate anything in the tank to see if it's edible. It'll take me two or three careful attempts to get a cup of water to prime my filter without catching a guppy.

Hehe! I wish mine were like that. They are IMPOSSIBLE to catch!

What's a fish guard? Tell me more!! I have a guppy tank and end up with guppies in my bucket when I'm sweeping the tank. Of course I put them back in the tank after a good scolding (LOL).
gail

Back
Top Bottom