Wow, I feel really bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I bought my 30g tank there were 7 cherry barbs in it. I took 6 of them out and put them in my 12 gallon tank. I literally tried to catch the 7th chery barb for days but never caught him. I gave up and thought he was eventually eaten by my ropefish (which crawled out of my sealed tank somehow), but founf him during a water change last night! I didn't know he was in there for two months! I feel really bad for him. He's in this little tiny crack between two rocks ALL the time now. I wans to get him out but don' t know how. Does anyone have any ideas? He NEVER comes out...

Hmm. You could put your net (hopefully a larger net) above/ over the two ricks he is hiding in between and with ur other hand scoop up the rocks, or move the rocks to where he is forced to go into the net. Or, you could scoop up the rocks with a large bowl or plastic bucket so he has no way to escape.

Maybe?

Heh poor bugger. I'd leave him. He may not be the happiest cherry barb, but it sounds like he's healthy and doing ok, and it may not be worth the stress on the rest of the fish trying to drag him out. Can you remove those rocks? It MIGHT help, but I kinda doubt it. I wouldn't scoop up him with the rocks lyquid, he might get smooshed.

Good point *nod*

Sometimes its hard to explain what im thinking or how I would go about it. And something like "scoop up the rocks" has the implied meaning of "carefully scoop up only the two rocks the fish is in between, and not really scoop up but separate and lift some for the fish to swim out from the rocks into the net w/o squishing the fish"

er, yah.

Back
Top Bottom