Your most beautiful community tank fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newhobbist

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm running out of ideas about stocking my tank, so start this topic. I know that there are hundreds of fish that can be kept in a community setup, but, unfortunately, not all of them will fit in one tank :( . Therefore, I would like to ask you to name your most beautiful fish in terms of coloration/shape/behavior.

I will start with Gold Nugget Pleco. It looks great, is very enjoyable to watch, and can be kept in almost any community tank from very small and peaceful fish to larger and aggressive ones.

Well, it's no real secret that my favorite fw fish are plecos and angelfish. Since you've already suggested a pleco, I'll add my 2c and say Angelfish, any color variety. They are large, graceful, showy and just all around great fish. They become very attached to the hand that feeds them to the point of being obnoxious. lol Well, anyway, that's what I would choose. Of course, your smaller fish may be in jeopardy after some time. :|

how about dwarf gourami?? they are very nice and come in different color variations.. silver hatchets are also nice.. i've never had the marble variety as they are'nt readily available at any LFS i've been to so far..

In my opinion, Rams are some of the prettiest community fish out there. I just picked myself up a pair of Bolivians today and I love them!

My most beautiful community fish would be my angels. I also have many other favorites but the angels are a showpiece.

My Powder Blue Gourami is one of my favorite fish. He has a lot of personality and is fun to watch. I'd go for a bigger type of Gourami though. A pair of Gold or Pearl Gourami's would be nice.

Did someone say Angels?

np3007.jpg

(y)

in terms of being always visible and not hiding.....
Angels & gourami's are probably the most beautiful community tank fish.

in terms of fish that like to hide/nocturnal
Ghost knife or eels are probably the best.

in terms of making the tank look 'alive' and very busy
danios and cories are the best.

i'm in love with my honey gouramis. IN LOVE.

also petsmart sells male guppies that are labeled "tequila sunrise" that are really pretty. i'm sure that's probably not their real name, but their bodies are yellow with bright orange tails. very striking for such a small fish.

I think most of the gouramis of the Trichogaster genus are quite the beaut's. Then again, I do find most anabantoids quite fascinating. :)

Praecox Rainbows are my showpiece fish. Unfortunately the three of them are in qt with my florida flag fish and the male fff enjoyed nipping fins (until I put the separator back in), so they are a little stressed. I hope to build a whole school. I also want to get some millennium or featherfin rainbows but cant afford them.

My vote would have to be for Rainbow Fish and Dwarf Cories. Both have great personalities and the Rainbow Fish have absolutely stunning colors.

Back
Top Bottom