Your most beautiful community tank fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ANGEL FISH
heres a pic of mine eating out of my hands
img_500971_0_a0aad4685d080cf791fa6bfdabb81ba5.jpg

lol peacock cichlid??? peacock bass? Aren't they usually more carnivorious? Maybe a community of peacock bass in like a 500 gallon would be real nice lol

my bad.. Cockatoo Cichlid
p_89437.jpg

not that there isnt a peacock cichlid, it just wasn't what I was thinking of at the time (that and lake maliwi cichlids dont really count as community fish either.. LOL)

I know that there are hundreds of fish that can be kept in a community setup, but, unfortunately, not all of them will fit in one tank
Luckily, fish keeping is a life long hobby and you may get to all the fish eventually. I love dwarf cichlids, pygmy cories, dwarf plecos and khuli loaches.

add a vote for german blue rams. they are more colourful than the bolivians and are absolutly stunning in the right light. herte is a pic of mine. i am also a fan of angels

add a vote for german blue rams. they are more colourful than the bolivians and are absolutly stunning in the right light. herte is a pic of mine. i am also a fan of angels

Well, as long as we're talking pros and cons, remember that while blue rams are more colorful, Bolivians are larger and much more hardy, and I think they also live longer. And IMO they have cuter faces! :D They color up very nicely given the right conditions.

Sorry, I had to defend them :p I just love those guys!!!

if u take the time and care rams will live plently long and whats wrong with their faces? lol the more colour you have in a tank the harder that tank is to maintain. discus are a good example of this. they are absolutly stunning but a real pain to take care of. same with cichlids. and then you get into salt water that is 10 times harder to do because you gotta keep like 10 different things in check. this is just my opinion

Stocking community tank

You have got to have Clown Loaches and Angels. Clowns are so much fun and they stand out. Everyone that comes to my house asks what they are.

My tank 55g and over stocked I know lol (but I do a lot of water changes).

3 adult angels, 10 Clowns (4xbabies,4x4inch,2x5inch), 1 Pleco, 5 Bala x 2.5in and 18 white tipped tetras.

Loaches grow very slowly it would take several years for a baby 1.5inch to get to 6ins and baby loaches are very susceptible to ich.Regular water changes a must. I recommend never to buy a loach under 2.5inch. if you get some shoaling fish with the loaches its amazing to watch the antics they get up to.

Potential probs with Angels. Very teritorial!!!!! My Loaches kick there asses when the food is out but Angels in general have quite a mean streak. They harrass the tetras,pleco and the Ballas.

Hope I helped a little.

Back
Top Bottom