Yoyo loaches in Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenkatydid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
To my dismay, I have discovered that yoyo loaches (in fact all loaches except for clown and kuhli) are illegal to import or sell in Australia.

At the risk of being naughty... are there any Australians on this list that know where I can get some? I'm not talking blackmarket ot illegal... anyone's yoyo's have babies recently?

Ok, it was a long shot...

Would not any fry of illegally-imported broodstock also be illegal by virtue of their origins? :wink:

Even if you do find some, I will bet that they don't come at less than $50 each.

speaking of loaches.

I live in sydney, and I can't find any hillstream loaches.

Anyone know where I can find hillstream loaches in australia??

i assume it wasnt always illegal to import them - there must be some in the country.

i have come across a single saddled hillstream loach at a random pets paradise, but it died before i could buy it (got squashed). other than that, no.

zenkatydid said:
i assume it wasnt always illegal to import them - there must be some in the country.

You are correct, but whether yo-yos were available to the trade prior to 1951 is something I am not aware of.

Back
Top Bottom