YoYos and rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I've got 2 juevenile GBRs in my 23 gal tall that is heavily planted and includes lots of caves and hiding places. Could I do a small shoal of 5 yoyo loaches. I also have 4 cherry barbs but am moving them out soon for some glowlight and black neon tetras.

Yoyo's, will be too playful for the tetras. Maybe some dwarf chain loaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mmmm ok thanks, that's what I was worried about. It's the first time I've seen a loach other then a clown at my lfs and I was watching them they other day and they looked really cute.

Awesome fish but can stress others out with their playful antics!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A group of yoyo's needs at least a 55 gallon tank, and I wouldn't mix them with Ram's regardless of tank size. What other bottom feeders are available?

A group of yoyo's needs at least a 55 gallon tank, and I wouldn't mix them with Ram's regardless of tank size. What other bottom feeders are available?

I thought YoYos stayed smaller and were ok for 20 gallon tanks. Maybe my info is wrong. I am not going to get them because of my rams but yeah. Hmmmm

Yoyo's

In got rid of my yoyo's they really bothered my other fish in the tank, great for cleaning up snails, but they get bored easily and chase the other fish around

Yes yoyo loaches will be a good addition to your tank.:) But you may be pushing it just a little and it might be slightly overstocked.

It's not the size of the yoyo's, it's their general activity level and disposition that makes them less suitable for smaller tanks. Ram's do better with relatively peaceful tankmates, a BN pleco or group of Cory cats would cause less disturbance. Larger tank would provide more space for yoyo's to interact with each other and make it easier for other fish to get out of their way. Kuhli loaches would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom