Zebra plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are all in their own tanks.

Good nugget is in a tetra community tank, he is only about 2" right now.

Tiger is in a 40gal tank with two 3" black ghost knife fish, soon to be upgraded to a 60gal.

And the blue panaque is in a 90gal cichlid tank. He is the biggest, about 3.5" long.

Thanks! I just wish he would come out more often, it is small right now so a little shy!

Aww he or she will get more confident soon don't worry! I remember my upside down Catfish hid for two whole weeks before I saw him again but now he swims around happily

They are rare and in high demand

They were only around 40-60$ around 20 years ago but now only a few people in the world have had success breeding them so nearly all of the zebra plecos come from one or two people who can charge high if they want to which they do

They were only around 40-60$ around 20 years ago but now only a few people in the world have had success breeding them so nearly all of the zebra plecos come from one or two people who can charge high if they want to which they do

They were always expensive. Take a step back and remember U.S. inflation. those 40-60$ from back in the day may as well be over 100$ today. i think there werent any bans on wild collection back then either.

They were always expensive. Take a step back and remember U.S. inflation. those 40-60$ from back in the day may as well be over 100$ today. i think there werent any bans on wild collection back then either.

Your right there was no ban on collection and inflation is rapid in u.s. man doesn't it always seen like all the cool tropical fish are always far away hahaha so if anyone ever wants to sell me a zebra Pleco for 80$ let me know! XD

I have three cool plecos. One tiger (black and orange), one blue panaque, and a gold nugget pleco.

All of them are awesome.

We paid $40, $50 & $0.30 respectively. There was a mess up at the till and we got the gold nugget for $0.30 instead of $30, half price sale.

We saw a green phantom pleco and those are pretty cool!

Is your blue panaque shy?
I very rarely see mine :/

Green phantoms are awesome! Mines still pretty shy though

Is your blue panaque shy?
I very rarely see mine :/

Green phantoms are awesome! Mines still pretty shy though

My green comes to the middle of the tank for me if i stay by the tank for a few minutes. He thinks I'm going to feed him haha.

That being said, my phantom was very shy the first two-three months before doing what he does now.

Once your fish gets comfortable, both phantoms can be quite boisterous. My green is the ruling pleco of the tank lol.

My green comes to the middle of the tank for me if i stay by the tank for a few minutes. He thinks I'm going to feed him haha.

That being said, my phantom was very shy the first two-three months before doing what he does now.

Once your fish gets comfortable, both phantoms can be quite boisterous. My green is the ruling pleco of the tank lol.

Ive had both of them for about a year now.
My royal rules my plecos.

Op, check out queen arabiquise pleco. I know i spelled that wrong though.

Ive had both of them for about a year now.
My royal rules my plecos.

Op, check out queen arabiquise pleco. I know i spelled that wrong though.

Queen arabesque, you werent far off :) i was thinking of suggesting that but these guys are all black with a bunch of thin white lines.

Queen arabesque, you werent far off :) i was thinking of suggesting that but these guys are all black with a bunch of thin white lines.

Oh well i have a baby spotted, and he is as good looking as the zebras.

The clown pleco looks very similar. I have one and its very beautiful. They're a little different though - they eat more meaty foods rather than algae. And they dont need driftwood as other pleco's do.

On the contrary, clown plecos are panaques, and they need driftwood on a regular basis like royals. You're right about no algae though, none in my old breeding setup touched the greens.

On the contrary, clown plecos are panaques, and they need driftwood on a regular basis like royals. You're right about no algae though, none in my old breeding setup touched the greens.

Yeah you are right cause my clown chews on driftwood alot. I must have read some wrong info b4 buying it. Luckily the tank was full of driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom