Free: Finding a good home for my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamHorton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got engaged recently, and my fiance is going to be moving into my house to live with me soon. One of the things that needs to happen is that I want to re-imagine one of my fish tanks. I have a 55G Freshwater tank that I'd like to make into a nano reef some day, and this will make more room in my house so that it can more easily become "our" house.

I'm going to find a storage space for my equipment (I put an ad out of Craigslist trying to sell it but after a couple of months I haven't been able to) but I have about 30 small tetras and two Bolivian Rams that wouldn't be very happy if I stuck them in a storage locker. At this point I'm willing to just give the fish away as long as I know they'll be taken care of.

I live in the Cincinnati area. I'm willing to give away any of my fish to a good home. Also, if you want any of my equipment for a 55G freshwater tank, I'm willing to sell that for pretty cheap prices at this point, since I don't have a plan to use it in the future.

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in the rams If you want to ship. What type of tetras might be interested in them too. Id pay shipping

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are about 20 tetras total. There are Priscilla Tetras, Popcorn Tetras (these are albino Priscilla tetras -- looks like nobody calls them that except the place I got them from), and Candy Cane Tetras, about an equal number of each (it's tough to get an exact count because there are lots of places to hide.

I also managed to get a picture of one of the rams. That other one is like 3 years old.

http://www.adamhorton.com/files/flog/good/ram.jpg

I'll take them all if you will ship. As long as shipping isn't sky high lol

I would perfer not to ship them, but if nobody local is interested (which is the case so far) then I would consider shipping them as long as I didn't have to pay shipping. I suppose I should look up how much it costs to ship fish. I've never done this before -- are there AA-approved methods for this?

I've been told double breather bags and a heat pack but I've never shipped anything besides pants.

I've been told double breather bags and a heat pack but I've never shipped anything besides pants.

WHY would pants need breather bags and heat packs..... thats just silly

Oh gees plants lol aquarium plants! I hate trying to do stuff from my phone lol

I had thought about shipping red cherry shrimp at one point so I had asked what was needed.

Back
Top Bottom