I need some plants for my various tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm hoping someone out there has a tank overpopulated by spawning plants and looking for a way to get rid of them :D

I need some plants for my various tanks, Looking namely for swords, Javamoss and Java Fern, altho anything that would be good in my community tank with mollies/balas would be great. Also, anything that would go great in my Betta Tank with 3 cory cats would also be great

I got some Java moss from Hara a few weeks ago and it an awesome plant!! I have it for the molly fry, but everyone in the tank seems to really love it.
Maybe PM her and see if she would sell ya' some.

willam,

I'm not sure where you're at in flordia, but if you're in the southern parts, just go out looking in the rivers, swamps and small lakes, should be able to find a lot of "tropical" aquatic plants... I don't think swords, but certainly others.

http://tom-barr.aquatic-plants.org/

I'm not sure on the legality of harvesting plants from the wild - might want to check it out first.

I live in Central Florida, Just south of orlando, I mean literally just south. Like..1 minute away from a sign saying " welcome to orlando " :D.

appriciate the comment, DIY, but I'd rather have plants I know where they been then add yet another bacterium or paraiste to my tank from the wild.

If you've seen all the problems I've had with my tanks recently you'd probably understand :) :p

Back
Top Bottom