For Sale: Pittsburgh:Getting out of hobby sale (55,20,10 gallon tanks, filters, tons of plants)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I'm getting out of the hobby. Here's the list of things I want to sell.

I'm doing this by memory, so if I missed anything that I should have as a responsible fish keeper, let me know.

Big things: (Local pickup/meetup only)

• 55 Gallon tank $40
  • 20 Gallon tank $40 takes tank and everything in it (plants, tank, fish, seachem substrate etc)
  • 10 Gallon tank $10 takes it and the betta inside it.
  • Smaller Cheap Plastic Tank? I'll probably give it to whoever comes and takes any of the other tanks.

If you buy the 20 or 10 gallon you must take the fish in them, period, no exceptions.
Fish in 20:
2 Bloodfins
1 Zebra danio
3 Bronze Corys

I think that's it, I just never replaced the ones that died (most committed suicide on the carped... :() Stupid 1 inch open gap...

Other things:

Filters (I'll only ship these if the people who buy the tanks don't want them)
  • Aquaclear 20 $10
  • Fluval C2 filter (really nice AC20 alternative, up to 30 gallons) $15
  • Random small air powered sponge filters Probably give to who ever wants them

Plants: (Ones I can remember) (These will go with the tanks that the plants are in, mostly the 20 gallon)

• Lots of crypts (don't exactly remember what kind)
  • Some anubius bavari bar nana. (Yeah I most likely spelled it wrong)
  • Ah crap I can't remember the rest, but I don't really feel like shipping them so whoever's local can come look at them.

A couple air pumps, old and new

Cleaning/testing equipment

• Glass scrubber (long handle)
  • API master test kit (gotta have at least half of everything still left) kinda old though (at least a year and a half)
  • I think I have a phosphate test kit
  • API hardness test kit (GH and KH)
  • Vacuum for big tank (has 3 inch diameter tube)

Ferts:
  • Entire liquid freshwater seachem fert system
  • Bought it probably 6 months ago, used it for a week or two for my 20 gallon, so they're all mostly full. (Made me have really bad algae, so I stopped)

Ah, I almost forgot, I have the two hoods I made for my 20 gallon and my 10 gallon. I think they're nice, maybe you will too! Here are the threads I made about them..

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-hood-for-12-gallon-with-moving-moonlights-sunrise-sunsets-and-cooling-130818.html

Ok, "thread", but I never made one about the other hood. I put lights inside obviously, and that's the color they're both stained.

The pics don't show everything, but you get the idea. A lot of stuff is just stuff that I bought and had but never used (cause it was bad for some reason or another).

P75411218.jpg

P75410817.jpg

P75410416.jpg

P75410015.jpg

Little mini overflow that I made but never used. Works really well, but I never had a use for it.
P75409614.jpg

P75409213.jpg

P75408812.jpg

Uhhh... let me go take a bunch of pics and you guys can duke it out...

P75408411.jpg

P75408010.jpg

P75407609.jpg

Here's the 55 gallon, I didn't feel like walking over to it, there was a bunch of stuff in the way. If you want closer pics just ask.
P75407208.jpg

P75406807.jpg

P75406406.jpg

P75406005.jpg

P75405604.jpg

Haha google pics thought my flourish trace was a person...

I call dibs on plants and ferts... if we can make a deal. I'm assuming you'll address this in your next post (and if I can talk you in to shipping them)

I call dibs on plants and ferts... if we can make a deal. I'm assuming you'll address this in your next post (and if I can talk you in to shipping them)

The thing is, I really don't want to rip up the tank just to sell it. There are still fish in it and I'd feel bad, but if it doesn't sell for a while and I get desperate, I'll let ya know.

wow i wish i could buy the 55 gallon but i dont have any money and i dont think my mom and dad would let me get a 4th tank anyway LOL :(

Edit: 200th post LOL

I'm in NJ Rutherford area. Im VERY interested in the 55 gallon. It just comes with the tank or what? Would you be able to ship it? Thanks so much I have been SEARCHING for a fifty gallon.

-Dylan

Oh and I could really use all of the sponge filters. I'm getting dwarf seahorses and I'm starting a hospital tank, henceforth I need another sponge filter.

-Dylan

I'm in NJ Rutherford area. Im VERY interested in the 55 gallon. It just comes with the tank or what? Would you be able to ship it? Thanks so much I have been SEARCHING for a fifty gallon.

-Dylan

If no one comes to get it in the next couple days, I'll think about it. However, you'd pay shipping, and I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap, as it'd have to be packed REALLY well.

Oh and I could really use all of the sponge filters. I'm getting dwarf seahorses and I'm starting a hospital tank, henceforth I need another sponge filter.

-Dylan

Let me go take some pics.

I only really have one REAL sponge filter, but it's not a great one or anything. I think it was only 8 bucks or something at the LFS.

I think the clear one is an OLD box filter. You could shove some filter floss in it. You pay for shipping and I'll give em to ya. Both are air powered. I have a paypal if you're interested.

P75725423.jpg

P75725022.jpg

P75724621.jpg

P75724120.jpg

I would love that 55 gallon. If no one picks it up I would gladly pay shipping for a great deal like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I live in youngstown and am interested in the 10&20. PM everything that goes with!

I'll take all the test kits and buffers. I don't care at all how much is left or how old they are as long as I can get it from you! I'm going to pm you about details!
Thanks!!!

PS. I know you said meet up only but they would have to be shipped and since it would be a small package and would not be a rush shipping with the US postal service would only be $4.95.

I sent OP a PM but have not heard anything back. OP has not been back on forum since 3/22/11. I did see an ad on Craigslist with some of the same pic's. He might have sold most already on CL.

Yeah yeah yeah I'm here. Sorry I've been extremely busy the past couple days/week.

I have someone coming to buy the 20 tonight, and I have someone interested in the 55 OR the 10. The ferts I'm willing to ship now, as long as you pay shipping. I think they go to whoever called them first, back on the first page. If they still want them.

Give me a second to reply to the PMs.

Can I have all those sponge filters? I'm in need of them to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom