trumpet snails....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rollin_22

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am having a very hard time finding a store in my area that carrys them... if anyone has any that they would like to sell, i will buy them from you....

also, i heard that they can survive in beackish water if slowly acclimated, is this true?

I swear I have at least 500 hundred of them here and there

Do you want larger ones or smaller ones? If you pay for shipping I can send em over

PM me =o)

i dont know what i want.... i have a 55 gallon tank.... what do you think?

as for the shipping, how will they come, and how do i get the money to you?

They will breed rather quickly and it depends what you want to use them for (to aerate the substrate.. etc). Size isn't really a technical issue, I can give you both.. I just figured Id ask first. I can give you however many you want.. for a 55gal maybe 20 would work.. and then they can breed from there

I have never shipped snails before, but I think Lori said she just puts them in a damp papertowel in a box but I will get more details from her here in a minute.

I have paypal, but if you just want to send the cost after I ship them, we can do that too

yeah that sounds great... can they tolerate brackish? i dont have paypal anymore, but i could send the money to you when they arrive.... ummm.... and in the papertowel which is just damp? they will survive all the way to minnesota?

lyquidphyre,

I would also be interested in some MTS. I have a 20gallon high tank with about 2-3" of pool filter sand, that I need to keep aerated. A mix sounds like it would be the best for the tank, and I don't have any species that would eat the snails (just a variety of barbs). If you could send them to me that would be excellent. I do not have paypal, but could send you the money for shipping at the same time you shipped them out (if possible, so there isn't a turnaround time where I'm waiting for the snails).

I've had the tank up and running since January and tried once or twice to aerate the soil with just my hand, but it ended up making the water cloudy and I probably missed some spots.

I'll send you a PM with my address, and THANKS A TON!

justin

I got your PM

For both 7enigma and rolling_22:

I will ship these out as soon as possible. I have no car at the moment and Im totally dependent on my boyfriend who has been working all week. I will let ya'll know something as soon as I know something =o)

Wow . . . about every store I go to here in Denver has plenty of them. They'll just hand them out for free because they breed so quickly.

Example: I started a 55 gal tank last year with 8 . . . and in two months I had over 100.

They say they multiple fast even without overfeeding and that clowns don't eat them.

Well, I had 50 or more sent to me and very rarely do I see any though I have seen empty shells. Clowns do eat them, maybe not as easily as they do ponds or rams but nevertheless they get eaten. I keep some in a 20 gallon to breed and add to my 75 gallon tank. Even in the 20 I don't notice a high infestation level yet, but they've only been in there a month or so. The 20 gallon only has like quarter to half an inch of gravel so they're not hiding from me.

rollin_22,

Have you heard anything about these getting shipped? It's been a couple weeks since my substrate was tilled, and I'm getting a bit worried...

Back
Top Bottom