Don't know anything about inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afurlow96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, i've been having some fun researching fish and what not since i started my 10gallon tank. So far i have finished cycling and added 6 black skirt tetra. I have a mix of gravel and sand in the bottom and feed the tetra the smallest brand of tropical sinking fish food from API, the thing is, if they miss a piece and it sinks to the bottom, they will not bother to eat it from the floor.
I believe my tank is a bit small for 3 juli corys so I'm turning to the inverts! the thing is i don't know anything about them.

I have only seen some Mystery Snails, Apple Snails, and Ghost shrimp for sale (also bamboo shrimp but they are filter feeders) and was wondering which would do well cleaning up the pieces of food that make it to the bottom.
Also, how many of each, and how do you add them, etc? I don't care if baby shrimp die or get eaten, i actually kind of prefer it so that my tank is not overrun by them.

Ghost shrimp are good scavengers but depending on the area you may only encounter bad stock. In my area they are mainly used as feeders so they are not well cared for. Try aqua bid they have many shrimp choices and the ones I've purchased were very nice.

Back
Top Bottom