Dwarf Mexican Crayfish (CPO)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOck

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I would love to know about people's experience with these CPOSs. What sort of breeding took place to make them "peaceful" like everyone reports? I would love it, if this is truest a peaceful crayfish. So I can add two into my community tank.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are tiny. Smaller than a ghost shrimp, to give you an idea. They also have tiny claws. That's why they are "peaceful."

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

they are not smaller than ghost shrimp full grown.
They are really sensitive and will die for pretty no other reason they they all apparently are part of a suicide cult.
I have never had one last more than 3 weeks, my buddy had one a month.
They are great to watch and will seem fine for a while then just be belly up for no reason.
Almost everyone Ive talked to has had the same experience. Some people on the forums have speculated to major inbreeding in the trade of them causing very weak strains.

I personally wpuldn't even bother with them. To of money for a crayfish that lies 3 months maximum (at least for me) Easy enough to keep but by far it's not "peaceful". Any bottom feeders will be torn to bits an they will snatch smaller fish if they get the chance. You could get some shrimp, easy to keep and live longer. Also prolific breeders.

Back
Top Bottom