Ellobiopsidae and Ramshorn Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsashrimpthing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have one Red Rili shrimp quarantined in a small container due to an Ellobiopsidae infection. I have been trying to treat it for the last 2 weeks but I am struggling to keep the water parameters and temperature stable, which is helping matters.

Could I move the sick shrimp to my 30L tank (with filter and heater) that is only stocked with Ramshorn snails or would the snails be at risk of catching this same infection? I know shrimp and snails differ slightly with which diseases they can catch from one another.

Hello,

Will the small container fit in a temperature stable aquarium? If so, you can float the container to get stable temp. Keeping it in a small container is good because you don't have to dose bigger treatments.

I have no idea if ramshorn snails are susceptible to Ellobiopsidae. My nerites weren't harmed by a bacterial infection my shrimp were suffering from, but I'm not so sure that's relevant.

What are you treating the shrimp with? I had a shrimp with Ellobiopsidae in a QT jar I was floating in my fish tank. I almost cured it by dosing the container with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide every week(a majority of the yellow/green had disappeared), but I took the jar out of the tank for a bit and the shrimp sadly died of temperature shock.

Back
Top Bottom