Guide to Starting a Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have a big enough clump of moss the seed shrimp/scuds barely make a dent.

Shrimp rake?!

What are these blue diamonds you speak of? Pics?

This thread is great, after reading your discussion I have to restrain myself from setting up more tanks. I'm between houses and don't want to have to move everybody safely in a few months. For now I'll have to live vicariously through your stories and keep this thread bookmarked for later.

Oh ok, I've seen those I guess I just never associated the name with the color pattern. They are really starting to do some cool stuff with Neos.

oh yea you should see the carbon rilis, beautiful! but $15 per shrimp, lol =< After 10 $9 each blue diamonds i have to hold back a bit before i get them, lol

110-128.jpg

oh yea you should see the carbon rilis, beautiful! but $15 per shrimp, lol =< After 10 $9 each blue diamonds i have to hold back a bit before i get them, lol

I have a whole tank full of about 100+ carbon Rilis ;-)

The only problem is they don't breed true.

110-128.jpg

Yeah, those are really nice as well. I'm seeing at least some form of a price drop on them, but I'm still going to wait a bit before I buy them. Even at $10 a pop it adds up fast! :eek:

i know they dont breed true, but i actually have no clue what they pop out. blue velvets? or chocolates?

breeding true or not actually doesn't matter to me, i like to experiment with my shrimps. i have a cull tank that i throw all my culls of every shrimp into, to see if something cool might pop out, lol

i know they dont breed true, but i actually have no clue what they pop out. blue velvets? or chocolates?

breeding true or not actually doesn't matter to me, i like to experiment with my shrimps. i have a cull tank that i throw all my culls of every shrimp into, to see if something cool might pop out, lol

Umm its hard to say what exactly, they are like every color of the rainbow. They come out in the rili form, navy, grayish, black, you name it.

Umm its hard to say what exactly, they are like every color of the rainbow. They come out in the rili form, navy, grayish, black, you name it.

ahh that sounds fun! you should cull them and put them in different tanks =D and breed a true breeding carbon rili! =D!!!

ohhhh gl there, when you get have some success sell some to me! =D

shrimp in my area are expensive, i am thinking of setting up 4 ten gallon tanks and breeding different shrimp in each one. What do you guys think? i got the okay from my girlfriend that i could do it in the storage room, if i built a stand for them to sit on. what shrimps would you suggest? i like the crystal reds, blue velvet, black tigers and some sort type of yellow

shrimp in my area are expensive, i am thinking of setting up 4 ten gallon tanks and breeding different shrimp in each one. What do you guys think? i got the okay from my girlfriend that i could do it in the storage room, if i built a stand for them to sit on. what shrimps would you suggest? i like the crystal reds, blue velvet, black tigers and some sort type of yellow

Go for it, I have been wanting to do a much larger shrimp breeding setup but fish breeding has taken priority. You may want to ease yourself into the harder species, though, and make sure you have the right parameters.

I really want to start breeding different types of shrimp as well...I mainly want to stick to neos for now though...in a couple weeks I will finally get my order of blue velvets and then I want to get some neon yellow ones and some cherries and either snowball or orange Sakura shrimp each in a different tank of course but that might be a while lol

Go for it, I have been wanting to do a much larger shrimp breeding setup but fish breeding has taken priority. You may want to ease yourself into the harder species, though, and make sure you have the right parameters.

yeah i will definitely have to do some mixing with rodi water and testing for each tank to get a steady balance for each shrimps needs. it will be a fun project though. I've done my fair share of fish breeding and am ready to take on inverts!!

Back
Top Bottom