Marbled Crayfish Walkabout :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Marbled cray was found walking around the bathroom and it is unknown how long he was walking around the house, at least 75' from back of kitchenette through kitchen, and dining room, corner of living room through bedroom and into the master bathroom!

He was found in the corner after I got home from work. I put him back into the tank, pwc, only him and a Pearl Gourami in a tank in transition. Sadly he passed away this evening.

I saw him in the tank last night around midnight, didn't see him this morning but fed him on my way out the door to work. So sometime last night through today, he made it past a zipping wheel chair, a cat and a tiny toy Chihuahua and a toy poodle and 6 people! I am so amazed he got so far, but very sad he didn't make it :bawl:

I had a crayfish do the same thing! I found him dead near my front door. He got all the way through my bedroom, under the closed door, through the fairly short hallway, and through the living room where he had to contend with my curious kitty. I have some baby marbled crays now, and I'm doing my best to escape-proof my tank.

I kept locally caught crawdads for about a year and never had one do that!

It's nice you have babies! Mine was a 1/2 incher when I got him.

I think I will try some cpo /dwarf Mexican or Carribean crayfish, won't have to be separated from my community tank! still sad!

I am sorry that they passed, but it is still incredible that they could do that

How did he almost get cut up in a million pieces?

My husband thought mine was a rubber play lobster when he saw it on the floor, until it scurried under the mini fridge.

Yikes is right. I think he was out of water for three hours. Sorry yours passed away.

my Blue Crayfish was in the tank when I went to bed, Gone when I woke up =( I even missed a day at work to find her.. Never did find her again. Ive moved everything I could and no sign of her at all =(

That is really sad too. It is awful to lose a part of the community, especially if it was an expensive one.

I am in the middle of rethinking my tanks and which ones to consolidate or what I want to do with them...

That is really sad too, I am sorry for your losses. It is awful to lose a part of the community, especially if it was an expensive one.

I am in the middle of rethinking my tanks and which ones to consolidate or what I want to do with them...

My electric blue, Big Daddy, did the same.... I kept him in an open 55 for ages and then moved him to a semi open 95. He escaped two days later. Found him with the cat in the morning. Almost stopped keeping fish after that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom