Mixing different shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtm1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am still a bit of a beginner at fish keeping so please excuse any naivety.

I will soon be upgrading 25gal tank, with 8 or so corydoras, some neon tetras, and some guppies (which I already have) and also thinking of getting some shrimp to go in the same tank, but I have some newbie questions...

Is there a minimum size I need to keep of them for them to be happy, or I can I literally just have one.

If I have different types, such as a Red Crystal Shrimp, a Black Crystal Shrimp, A Ghost Shrimp, and a Yellow Shrimp, will that be OK as long as they are all Males or all Females so that they don't breed (because I don't want to breed them)

Since I don't want them to breed, am I best keeping all Females, or all Males, or doesn't it matter.

Will they be OK with the other fish I mentioned (Corydoras, Neon Tetras, and Guppies)

Thanks in advance

Apologies for my typos. I when I say "is there a minimum size" I mean like is there a minimum pack size of them I should keep.. not talking about tank size

The fish you have will be fine with the shrimp. How are you going to acquire only male or female shrimp. Many are hard to sex when young.

It's a great idea to keep one sex, but by the time they are old enough to sex they don't have much longer to live. A year tops maybe. To pay $5 plus per shrimp to only live a year seems like a waste to me. They will cross bred, but if your not picking about the colors they shoot out whats it matter? If your trying to bread a true line then no mixing.

Rcs should be able sex at 4 -6 months. Can live 2 yrs give or take. Usually the higher the quantity bought better the pricing. I paid basically 2 bucks a piece.

Back
Top Bottom