My lobster isnt eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
Excactly what it says. I changed his food to a smaller pellet but he wasn't eating before then. Any ideas? Levels are all decent.

Buy a fresh raw shrimp and cut off a tiny piece like the size of a pea and drop it down in front of him and see what happens. How about the water temp?

I tired the shrimp! He ate it!! What about green beans? How should I prepare the green bean?

I tired the shrimp! He ate it!! What about green beans? How should I prepare the green bean?

Hooray for the little guy eating. I mentioned one little piece just in case he didn't eat it, it wouldn't pollute the tank. He's probably used to a wild/natural diet, they like clams, oysters and mussels, but only little tiny bits.

Just blanch the green bean before feeding him. Spinach is a very good veggie to feed them, because it is high in calcium.

Also for future reference, if they don't eat for a day or two, it often means they are soon going to molt. In those times, I try to make sure that they are not as stressed. Just make sure they have a nice hiding place to do their molting thing.

And to add to Autumnsky's point: whatever food is left the next day, it is a good idea to remove it so that the water doesn't foul.

Back
Top Bottom