mystery snail and seed shrimp/snail diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabkiel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello everyone!!

im having a few issues with my mystery snail (Pomacea bridgesii)...

first issue: a while ago i gave her some algae i collected from a pond to eat because i didnt have anything else and turns out some seed shrimp (Ostracoda) came along! they've bred like crazy and now they're everywhere!

most of the time the seed shrimp just mind their own business or sit in my snail's shell/antennae to hitch a ride but sometimes they like to get really really close, like swimming near her eyes, mouth, or even going inside her shell. it seems to bother her a lot, so i'm wondering if they can cause her any harm?

second, slightly unrelated issue: my snail seems really lethargic lately. she moves really slowly and doesnt seem too keen on eating, even though there is food for her! for the record, ive been feeding her mostly lettuce leaves because i don't really have access to anything else right now. is she like this because of a poor nutrition? what are some other common household fruits/veggies she can eat?

if anyone could help me on either of these things id be very happy! thank you so much!

Feed her calcium based products, courgette or kale, also algae wafers and crab cuisine. Bringing algae from outside isn't good for her there might be stuff on it that can make her ill?
What's your tank parameters?

Back
Top Bottom