Mystery Snail antenna issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, my sister claimed my 5 gallon tank and put a Betta in it with some mystery snails. The Betta is so aggressive though that he was trying to bite off the snails' antennas! We immediately put the snails in a one gallon bowl and will keep them there until my 30 gallon tank cycles. I am wondering if the antennas will grow back, as some are almost completely gone!

Yep. My betta got one of my snails when I first got them. They grew back and the betta didn't bother them as much after the first attack. I would just make sure and keep the water clean

Not to worry. I bought 4 snails, put two in my 46g with 3 female Bettas, then one each with the male Bettas and all four snails ended up with shortened antennae. That was 2 weeks ago, they've all grown back & the Bettas no longer seem to notice them unless there is food involved. I think they were picked on because they were new & the Bettas don't typically like new.

my betta picked on my mystery snails when i first got them cause hed never had anything else in his tank that moved lol after a day or two left them alone once he saw they werent gonna bother him and now he snuggles up to them when they are hangin on the side of the tank then swims away n does his own thing... sometimes after i turn the light off at night u can catch the 3 of them sleeping next to the heater for a few mins til the snails kick into nocturnal mode and start moving.... i love my water babies lol

Back
Top Bottom