PRL 2020 - Autumnsky starting over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Officially back in the Pure Red Line game again. Won an online auction!

These will be coming regular mail - and there have been excellent and bad experiences with the USPS/ shipping.

60074-albums14810-picture72480.jpg

These PRL in the pic look really nice, hoping they come in as represented! I have really missed having these guys (y)

Time to move things around and open a tank!

Last edited:
I am honestly excited to see these! I adore shrimp, I lately wonder why I ever took a break! LOADS of pictures please!

So, after not seeing any change in delivery status from the day they got to the USPS, checked last night at like 1 AM.

Knock at the door and bam! Surprise!!!

PRL arrival!

*****If you want to skip the talking, the pics will be up on the next post in a min.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Excess talking below :rolleyes:

A bunch of scurrying around and telling every one to be aware am tied up for the day (aka, don't bug me, I am busy).

I was having a bit of a decision time deciding which tank these guys would go into, I have a bunch of spare tanks from over the years. It was between setting up a sidelined tank or re-purposing one already running.

It is because of the previously decided limit on how many tanks I have running (and TMaier's social pressure, and Delapool's egging me on to have a 100 tank fish room... sort of kidding :lol:).

No, really it's because I need to have less fish stuff to take care of - so I got new shrimp. It doesn't really make sense if you look at it that way :blink:
but... Honestly, it is what I really want. Missed having them terribly. And was sad about it.

Enough of the confessions of an aquatanksaholic...

Pics next!

Pics!!!

Delivery in this
More discussion on this part later.
60074-albums14810-picture72497.jpg

10 and only 10 shrimp ordered and delivered, and all arrived alive, so that's good. At least I got what I paid for. And a bag of food.

Cold water and just out of the container. Look pretty good though.

60074-albums14810-picture72492.jpg

Pics while acclimating
60074-albums14810-picture72490.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72491.jpg

Operating tank redo to new PRL tank

New Fluval Stratum (gently rinsed) and these edited /wrong pic.

60074-albums14810-picture72493.jpg

Equals this frightful mess
60074-albums14810-picture72496.jpg

On a positive note the shrimp and my house water are the same pH!!!

Last edited:
Rinsed out the bulk filter pad which was full already.

This product is in the nano pack for Monthly Care / maintenance by API. I was going to link it and it didn't come up. Maybe they discontinued the combo paks, got these from the CAS auction last year.

Found it here
https://us.amazon.com/API-MONTHLY-CARE-Aquarium-Additive/dp/B00X9FBUDO

Just used the API Accu Clear and Quick Start parts. Each packet has like a teaspoon or so of liquid.

Side note: In a different tank (80G River tank) I bought Clarity because the store was out of regular bottles of API AccuClear and it has been 3-4 days and it isn't any clearer!!!

Last edited:
Exhausting day with multiple issues with tanks.

This little tank switch required numerous cups, buckets, nets and pitchers - tank switches and about 20 water changes. Hard to believe but true.

They seem strong and hoping the water clears up all the way and the tank looks better tomorrow.

It isn't scaped exactly, as I panicked with brown water and needing a place for the little guys to go. More later - I worked about 11 hours on this project today.

You are fine of the rambling. And heck, I had to sneak my fish in the house so I wouldn't get yelled at :dance:

But goodness they are stunning!

Sparkling clear water today!!!

Will get a couple pics later, last night's pics still had cloudy water.

They little guys are scouring the tank for goodies.

Although the substrate is new, all the other things in the tank are well seasoned. I purposely left film on the glass to allow for biofilm growth.

This morning a few were on the prefilter sponge picking away.

Happy note, the package of shrimp botanicals /leaves, and food and Mineral Junkie Pearls arrived a day early.

Added a couple Pearls to the shrimp tank and to the tanks there are shrimp in!

Will be adding a few leaves during the next week.

The shrimp seem very healthy, I will be so much more comforted in a week, and seeing things will be running smoothly.

Personally reserving unabashed glee until I see that they are getting bigger, and the tank is running smoothly.

But secretly super excited to see them shine against the brown DW and the bright green leaves and black substrate!!!! Happily doing shrimpy things.

.... do these guys come in a blue pattern? I am pondering another DIY I saw, a neat shelved waterfall tank. I could raise different shrimp in each one!

Trying to classify my little Gems preliminary details

SSS

3 perfect Mosura Crown - meaning the crown part is perfect, not perfect shrimp necessarily
1 Mosura Crown
1 Mosura almost crown - slightly connected
1 Mosura heart (closest I can find for a name)

3 like Crown but with dots or dot spots

1 Mosura but ill formed white spot only one side

2 of these shrimp do not have red on their backs but one had a slight shadow on the dorsal crest /last segment before the tail. More checking this out later

A few more pics with more clear water, and yes there is still algae on the glass, left there for the shrimp because there is new substrate.

60074-albums14810-picture72511.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72512.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72513.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72514.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72515.jpg

just a plant, Anubias Micro
60074-albums14810-picture72516.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72517.jpg

60074-albums14810-picture72518.jpg

2 plants from JungleFowl aka Aqua JungleShrimp Bucephlandra Theia the long leaf and Brownie Blue small leaf
60074-albums14810-picture72519.jpg

White balls are GlasGarten Mineral Junkie Pearls
60074-albums14810-picture72520.jpg

They are SO lovely! I remember when I first discovered cherry shrimp, I was in love then and am in love now! Can't WAIT to see the babies!

Back
Top Bottom