RCS & Crystals????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Been thinking of adding some Crystal shrimp to the 30 tall RCS tank - not all *cherry* some yellow, some blue and *mutts* as I am not breeding just like shrimp
Was looking at some crystals offered on Kijiji at a decent price even with shipping & now I'm looking info from *real* people not generic sites
Everything I've read seems to indicate crystals need cooler temps than the rcs & stricter water parameters so I want to know if this is true or just scare tactics to prevent people from *buyers remorse*
I am not set on the crystals just thought the colouration would be a nice addition to the tank

Crystals and other Caridina shrimp can be quite colorful and expensive. I've kept neocardina (reds, yellows) shrimp for a few years now and they are pretty easy to keep. I've avoided crystals because of their requirements: low pH, pristine conditions. Many folks use RO water and mix it with a remineralizer along with shrimp specific substrates (that help maintain a low pH).
There are a few members here that keep crystals and other high end shrimp; perhaps they can chime in.

Yeah I'm 1/4 of the way through your tank rebuild(s)*pg15 of 65*
I'd stay with neos but other than cherry there's not much variety available in my area and with shipping for on-line buys the price for crystals is about equal it is just peraonal experience info on how picky they truly are about water parametres etc that is holding me back

Back
Top Bottom