Snail Vomited??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabkiel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

I have multiple concerns regarding my Pomacea bridgesii snail. I looked at her tank and she was sitting against the glass and had this weird golden paste on her? It was somewhat sparkly, like it had glitter in it... I'm assuming she vomited that which is... alright. Then she ate it and I don't know what to do.

For reference, she eats mostly grapes, tomatoes and lettuce. No current tankmates. I never feed her fish food, as it has copper in it. The above incident happened right before I changed her water. She seems fine now and is eating her lettuce.

Hello, it maybe was poop. I am wondering if a snail can vomit??? If the temperature and water parameters are okay, and the snail is behaving normally, I wouldn't worry. But it is curious.

What was the snail eating before that?

Hi!

It wasn't poop. Her poop doesn't look like a paste nor is it golden/bronze. I had fed her grapes before she vomited. A friend looked it up, and apparently snails vomit if they're handled after eating, so they can get away. That wasn't the case when it happened, so I'm very confused.

Back
Top Bottom