Tiny holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollux51

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, new to this great forum.

I’ve recently bought two Yellow Rabbit Snails, and one has little holes on its shell, some with tiny white blobs on them. The little blobs strike me as the things making the holes (see picture). Does anyone know what these are and what to do about it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• C7737137-49FF-4706-A1F0-A3F0E2C42C52.jpg
    C7737137-49FF-4706-A1F0-A3F0E2C42C52.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 72
Hi there, new to this great forum.

I’ve recently bought two Yellow Rabbit Snails, and one has little holes on its shell, some with tiny white blobs on them. The little blobs strike me as the things making the holes (see picture). Does anyone know what these are and what to do about it?

Thanks!
Hi
Are the tiny holes on the underneath off the snail? Do you have nerite snails? I keep rabbit snail and the shells do erode.

Hi
Are the tiny holes on the underneath off the snail? Do you have nerite snails? I keep rabbit snail and the shells do erode.
Hi Shellyx
The holes are all around the shell. Some of them have tiny white blobs in them as if something is eating tiny holes in the shell. I do have nerite snails as well.

If the white blobs look sort of like sesame seeds it could be nerite eggs

That's it. I think that's exactly what they are. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom