What’s going on with my mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stoklasa03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I know I have read all over they snails don’t fight… but this is a daily basis occurrence in one of my tanks and I just don’t get it… are they breeding or fighting or what is going on here?? Hope someone can educate me on this. Thanks!

Attachments

• 23AD3506-28F3-413F-82C0-64C02F77C7FB.jpg
    23AD3506-28F3-413F-82C0-64C02F77C7FB.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 50
  • A4D42D5D-9814-4648-8295-F4FAB976F364.jpg
    A4D42D5D-9814-4648-8295-F4FAB976F364.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 78
In general, this is a typical thing to see when MS are attracted to each other. Sometimes some snails do not seem to be interested in each other and other times this is their primary interest.

Delicately put, Autumnsky. Those two snails are seriously gettin' busy!

Stoklasa03, do you know what their eggs look like??

:angel:

You might already have eggs in hiding. The babies in the eggs breath air until they are ready to be hatched and their gill system are developed. So make sure the eggs do not go into the water. They will hatch and you will see LOTS of tiny babies heading into the water!!! So, SO adorable.

Look for the reproduction link
https://www.applesnail.net/

Thanks for all the feedback! Im Sure this question has been asked a hundred times already…Yes I’ve looked up what the eggs look like , and I’m definitely keeping my eyes peeled for them! I’m really trying to figure out how to sex them so I know for sure.

I’ve had a handful of them for several months now and they’ve been doin the deed it seems. But still have yet to see any eggs or babies! Kinda excited to see a fresh batch of them lol

Back
Top Bottom