what snail is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyris69

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've looked everywhere online but can find what snail this is. I find tons of tubular snails but none with spikes. Thanks in advanced.
Oh it's huge too nearly 2"

ForumRunner_20120719_122427.jpg

cyris69 said:
I've looked everywhere online but can find what snail this is. I find tons of tubular snails but none with spikes. Thanks in advanced.
Oh it's huge too nearly 2"

It's a brotia pagodula snail, I had 2 off these guys. Cool snails :)

Awesome thanks man!

How many snails can you have in a 10 gallon light planted tank dedicated to just snails?

cyris69 said:
Awesome thanks man!

How many snails can you have in a 10 gallon light planted tank dedicated to just snails?

For these guys Im not to sure, mine were in my 55gallon, I would say 2 - 3 cause of there size :)

Ok cool,I have a large Apple snail. Two assassins, the horned snail and lots of pest snails for the assassins

cyris69 said:
Ok cool,I have a large Apple snail. Two assassins, the horned snail and lots of pest snails for the assassins

I would love to have a snail only tank sooo jealous! Mine are in my community tank. :)

I did it mostly for my girlfriend but I've been wanting to breed assassin snails.

I was going to use the tanks as a sump but can't afford all that equipment.

ForumRunner_20120719_134114.jpg

I figured since you all helped me find out what snail this was I could use some help with a new snail. I got this huge snail maybe 3-4 inches. I thought it might be a large Apple snail. Also is it plant friendly?

ForumRunner_20120802_001500.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_001512.jpg

It looks like a trapdoor snail too me, don't think it eats plants they're suppose to love algae though. Nice snail :)

You are awesome :) they are algae lovers! I've never seen one at the shop before and had to have it. It was only $3 I might get another the next time I see one.

Thank you, it's one snail I,ve looked at but haven't got, well not yet lol

It's pretty active and makes my apples look tiny. I was reading to add one per 20 gallons but that was for ponds and water gardens. Apparently they are the ultimate algae eating snails.

Could do with one of those :) but I think I have plenty lol my rabbit snails have had another baby!

Nice those are very pretty. I want a larger snail tank, only a 10 gallon for breeding assassin snails. My large snails stay in my larger tank.

Mine are divided between my big tank & my bettas, would love a snail only tank maybe one day :)

Back
Top Bottom