75g paludarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlegend

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm getting a 75g aquarium and I'm second guessing going with an Oscar.. I kinda wanna make a paludarium and give my crested gecko lots o space and enrichment. I want to know if I can keep anything else in this paludarium I'm open to all suggestion only rule is it can't be fed live food. I can do anything to make it work it jut can't require live food suggestions?

Oscars generally need 75 gallons of water just for themselves. Exactly how much area is going to be land?

You're also going to need to make sure that your gecko doesn't fall in the water or else it will be a snack for the oscar.

NO !

I said I'm second guessing just having an Oscar instead of a paludarium and that's why Im doin a paludarium without the Oscar because Im not inns have enough room if I don't do paludarium I will get Oscar every time you comment you don't read the post carefully!

When you said you wanted to know if you could keep anything else in the paludarium it sounded like you meant in addition to an oscar. Your post was unclear.

IMO, no, there is nothing else you can keep with a crested gecko. They are territorial and ideally need vertical space. A 4 foot long 75 isn't really the right dimensions for an arboreal gecko.

Wait what? It's taller than 18 inches which is the standard height for cresties...? So why not make use o the excessive space that he hass and mke a paludarium?

I usually recommend 24 inches in height for cresties.

A 75 could certainly work, but do you really want an entire 75 for one crested gecko?

Ok, and what I'm saying is, you'd have to devote that tank to the crestie because they wouldn't be able to have any other reptile friends. It's simply not healthy for the gecko or other inhabitants. And if you're wanting fish, then you're taking away precious vertical space for the gecko with water.

Okapi is in my username SaraB. And thanks, but I'm well aware about okapis.

wait so can i have multiple cresties then or do they need mor height for more cresties or could it work what if i put the 75g on its side and put a screen on the front then could have more things?

------------------------------

Lets say we forget the crestie what cool things could i put in the 75 gallon?
archers?
mudskipperes?
some sort of non live food requiring animal and no frozen foods either.

and if your reading the post so carefully you would have noticed that her username is that so lol. you just contradicted yourself. :ROFLMAO:

Crested geckos should be kept singly.

You could do a big group of frogs. Lots of different species that could work, but should only be one type per tank.

Dont geckos live in dry/ arid environments? With heat pads? Not really ideal to put them in a humid/wet place?? They shed right?

Brookster your completely wrong!!!!

Research crested geckos dude! Their like the opposite of leopard geckos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Archer fish, frogs and the gecko! Weekly cricket delivery. Sold!!! When can I pick it up??

Lol wut

Crested geckos not like to eat crickets archers can practice shooting non live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom