10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sbarrett3122

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What fish can I keep in a 10 gallon reef tank? I was thinking pajama cardinal fish, occy clownfish, fire/coral/neon goby, royal gramma, or blue/green chromis. Are there any others that would work or would any of these not work in a 10 gallon.

Thanks

I would probably not do the pj cardinal, they can actually get pretty large.

You could do a firefish or a clown goby. There's probably other small gobies that would work as well. I'd suggest going to live aquaria and looking at their nano section.

Firefish make pretty good nano fish imo as long as you have a lid. A goby/shrimp pair would also be sweet and you could do a lot of different inverts

I've got a 10 gallon reef and just house a single clownfish. A lot of fish that can work in a ten gallon are going to look cramped as they grow. I would definitely second checking out LAs nano section as they've got a pretty good selection of truly nano fish. Just remember that it is very easy to overstock a ten gallon and with a small reef sometimes less is more when it comes to fish. (y)

Imo if you want a clean tank only have one or two small fish in a 10G unless you have have really good filtration, , the most fish I’ve seen in a healthy 10G was 3 so. I would do one clown and a small goby.

Back
Top Bottom