10g FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much for the math. My only concern though is with the nem and two hermits that are already in the tank. Should I attempt it with ammonia that high?

I know nothing about saltwater but does a ten gallon need a sump

Sent from inside my fish tank

Oh thanks you my mind blanked out there

Sent from inside my fish tank

Well it's been five days since I was last able to do a water test. Today I got 0 0 and 10-20 for the nitrates. I think my cycle must be wrapping up soon b/c of the cured rock. I plan on adding 5-6 pounds of addition cured live rock on Saturday. Will this screw up my cycle? Also would adding a clean up crew at the same time work out?

Well buying lr at this not so local fish store isn't gonna work out anytime soon. I'm looking at getting the nano live rock of 12 lbs from saltwaterfish.com. Has anyone ordered from here before? I love the price for the amount. They seem like a good site at least for rock.

Well I ordered the rock from saltwaterfish.com a couple nights ago. But of course today I have the opportunity to get some more rock. I may see what they have and cancel my order. Do you guys think it would be too early for a clean up crew with new rock coming in? My cycle should be over and I will test it right after this.

Right now I'm at zero an 10 for nitrates. The rock at the store sucked pretty bad so I'm keeping what I ordered. Gonna wait until after the new rock re cures after shipping to add a cuc.

My lr came early today. The stuff is great. It came in at exactly 12 pounds and there is a little too much. Any ideas on what to do with the excess?

Alright so I'm working on getting my CUC put together. I think I will go with this:
2 Nassarius snails
2 Astraea snails
2 Cerith snails
2 Scarlet Hermits
2 Blue Legged Hermits (already have)
And probably a porcelain crab later on.
So let me know what you guys think.

I personally would'nt trust the hermits around that many snails in the long run. Unless they are well fed and have plenty of shells to choose from
...... they might attack your snails, which are usually worth more than the hermits. Then again there are the exceptions, but crabs in general are trouble makers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I personally would'nt trust the hermits around that many snails in the long run. Unless they are well fed and have plenty of shells to choose from
...... they might attack your snails, which are usually worth more than the hermits. Then again there are the exceptions, but crabs in general are trouble makers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya I have heard that but I'm willing to take the risk. I do plan on getting some extra shells.

Back
Top Bottom