150g in-wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a problem. I am ordering it this week so I will let you know pretty soon.

I am leaning towards the RKE since there some differences but the warranty is 2 years for the units and 1 yr for the temp probe, 90 days for other probes. For Apex it is 1 yr for units and 90 days for probes. That coupled with the online support and ato bargain I will probably get the rke. And they finally seemed to get a working salinity probe.

Thank you Carey I will send you detailed information once the rke arrives.

Carey I don't know if you've seen my tank lately but I did swap the black background out for he blue and it looks 100% better, truly brings the color img in the fish out

It came from a store called wet pets...its a family owned fish store about 20 minutes north of me. Its a typical black/blue 2 sided background.. sure the same could be had at Petsmart or petco

I look forward to that too. I plan on setting up the lights today. I have 8 to hang. This tank is the most work I have done for a tank. I also have to put the screen on top of the tank so the wrasse wont jump out.

When its done I think I will be happy with it. At least I hope

So I hear. Its no fun when you are doing it. But the alternative is paying someone else and not having enough left over for fish.

Carey, I am ordering the RKE today. Bulkreefsupply gave me a 10% coupon off to make it 404.

Great timing with the conversation today. I think I will be happier with this controller. The apex may have some easier presets but once the rke is programmed there isn't that much of a difference.

Here is a pic of the temporary tank everyone is in. I'm surprised all of the fish seem so happy and stress free in this size tank.

Also, a pic of the tank that is cycling. The aquascaping is not done yet. I just dumped some rocks in it.

Getting the trim fixed later on today or tomorrow. The latches for the front access are not even.

Nice tank. I am glad you fish are doing well, they looks great too.

Thank you.They seem more active in this tank, but that is probably because it such a small area and they are trying to swim the same amount as if they were in a tank twice this size.

Just got a chevron tang. Picking him up tomorrow and putting him in qt until this tank is ready.

All fish has been transferred to the tank!!

The new additions-coral beauty pair, doctor tang and atlantic blue tang are doing great. Had to wait until all tangs and angels were ready for the tank because I needed all of them put in there the same time.

Will posts new pics tomorrow.

Here is a pic of tank with metal halides.

Lost male flame angel, I guess large coral beauty was tired of getting chased by tank bully. Small flame and coral beauty are doing great, not bothering anyone and swimming around.

Still need to aquascape badly. I have some rock in refuge I need to add.

Reefkeeper Elite is still in the box. Maybe next week when the in laws visit I will set it up.

Attachments

• Tank lights 121811 010.jpg
    Tank lights 121811 010.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 135
I was trying to have minimal rock but even when I have bridges with this it didn't look good. Adding around 70lbs in the next week or so

cool. it's going to be good for the parameters too. you could stock more fish with the rock than without.

And fish look happier with more rock. Fish really love hiding places.

Thank you for the advice and opinion.

Back
Top Bottom