3 choices on a new SW fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toughguy1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's been a while, but I have sold my SA Cichlid tank and decided to go back to SW. I have (3) choices that I am interested in and need advice. I understand there are a lot of opinions out there and will be willing to hear the positive and negative. First, I have just sold my 55 SA Cichlid tank for $250 and want to get started in a SW tank for around $350. I have seen a number of good deals on Craigslist. Option #1 is keep it simple: go with a 29g BioCube. I would have inverts, corals, and small fish. I will not buy a tank without a UV filter, and the biocube has that among other things. As with all options, I will start slow and buy/increase as I am able. I think clowns, star fish, and other inverts are a good start with the bio cube. Option #2: A 72 bowfront. I have found a number of good deals. 72 is the largest I would want to go. For Option #2, I would propose all store-bought fish, no live rock, no inverts other than simple stuff. I would have either a canister or wet-dry, UV filter, and protein skimmer. I would go with a dog face puffer as the central fish, and some other compatible larger fish. Option #3 is a local tank. Same set up as Option #2, but everything would be local. I live in Charleston, sc and am a serious shrimper. I have caught many interesting fish in my cast net including puffers, hatchet fish, eels, butterfly fish, and small flouder. I have successfully kept a box puffer for over 2 years, caught in the harbor. I am not a novice, and understand about quarantine tanks, and other precautions. I would definitely release anything that got too big. These are the options that I am thinking about and wanted to let the remarks and opinions fly. Thank you in advance for your time.

Back
Top Bottom