55 started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dizzyliz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, i got it for xmas, a new 55 gal, the water is in and the sand is settling still cloudy but it's only been an hour. I figure I will get the live sand bed going, I borrowed a cup, and when things settle will start the filter, using a wet dry filter and have a cartridge filter standing by. Figure in a day or 2 will get the cartridge filter going and get the water cleared up then get the wet dry going... in a week i figure i will pickup some base rock and order some LR... I hope I am on the right track with the startup.

FYI anyone in southern New Jersey the Home Depot in Turnersville still has tropical play sand.

--Liz

Sounds like a good start. But I would save my money that you were going to spend on a mechanical filter, and go with some live rock.

Well, I am definitely looking at LR. My tank started cycling and the ammonia is climbing. I still have 0 nitrite but nitrates are at 10. I would like to start adding LR but not sure if i can add it now that the tank has started to cycle. Been eyeing about 30 lbs of base and 40 lbs of keys and 40 lbs gulf at liverocks.com.

Thanks gonna place my order early next week and get something interesting to look at in the tank besides sand.

Back
Top Bottom