Am I on the right track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASpec

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been reading like mad for the past month on Salt water. I plan to do a FO with LR/LS tank to start.

CSL 40x2 PC.

I plan to add either a UV or a Protien skimmer after the cycle.

I'm about to order 45# of Gulk rock from Liverocks and 15# of live sand/mixing with another 15# of Carib Sea "non-live" sand.

What should I run in the canister as fas as media and do you see something that is not a good idea here?

Still deciding on Distilled or RO water (will be one or the other, not tap).

Thanks

It all sounds pretty good to me.. since you already have the canister you can use it with just GAC, otherwise with that amount of LR you didn't actually need additional filtration of that form.

I would skip the UV and get a good skimmer, it will be far more beneficial.

Good luck!

I would skip the UV and get a good skimmer, it will be far more beneficial.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go ahead and order the AquaC Remora.

What do you think about my lighting situtation? I'm getting 2.6 wpg with the CSL PC... is this enough to keep good growth on my LR?

If you mean coralline then yes it will be fine, although on the slow side. Is one of the bulbs actinic?

Might want to double check what kind of lighting you have. Personally I have never heard of a 40 w PC bulb before. That is usually NO.

Cheers
Steve

I am running the original bulbs still that CSL shipped with. Dual Actinic 420/460 and the 10K daylight.

Most people don't belive me when I tell them I have a 20" PC... they are not a "standard" size, neither is 80 watts.

Back
Top Bottom