aquarium heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbeatts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I can't seem to find an adequate heater for an aquarium of 100 gallons. Any suggestions?

Hello, maybe you could get a couple of sm heaters(3×200w or 2×300w) this way you could distribute heat better around tank. I use 3×150 for 55gal. 1back center & 2front corners. Hope this helps!

Hello, maybe you could get a couple of sm heaters(3×200w or 2×300w) this way you could distribute heat better around tank. I use 3×150 for 55gal. 1back center & 2front corners. Hope this helps!

I wanted to put the heater(s) in the sump. Do you think it would be better in the tank? I really want to keep the water temperature consistent.

Tank Heaters

I can't seem to find an adequate heater for an aquarium of 100 gallons. Any suggestions?

Hello jb...

I've used Aqueon for quite a few years. I use 300W heaters in my larger tanks. The important thing is to use equipment that will distribute the heat evenly. I've found dual sponge filters do a good job of moving the water so the heat is distributed evenly around the tank.

B

I would also look into a heater controller. These devices will monitor the temperature and will shut off the heater(s) in the event they malfunction (for instance, get “stuck” in the ON position).

I would also look into a heater controller. These devices will monitor the temperature and will shut off the heater(s) in the event they malfunction (for instance, get “stuck” in the ON position).

This. Controllers really are worth the peace of mind, though you should have a look at this video for a possible, but easily fixable, problem:

Back
Top Bottom