B-Ionic 2-Part Calcium Buffer 2 gal Concentrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tryin2make63

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
does anyone have any experence with this? i am new to coral keeping, but want to get into it. i have an 58 oceanic with 274 watts. (t5) 20lbs rock seeded with 30lbs live rock. total 50 lbs rock. 100 lbs live sand.1 protein skimmer, 20 long sump(2 gal bio balls,refigum w/ micro algae). 6 snails,6 blue leg hermits, 1 lady foot crab, 1 condy anomine, i cinnamon clown,1 figi foxface, 1 sailfin tang, 1diamond goby. guess all i am asking is about the product and what would be the next steps of keeping corals.

My 1st question is what are your calcium, alk amd mag levels now? What corals are in your tank that would deplete the calcium?

honestly right now i do not know what cal level is. i am buying test kit this week. have coraline algae growing tho. i do not have any corals but want to get some. first want to make sure my water levels are correct.

well lets see. a few moths down the road with this stuff and i keep my cal level at 450 a high alk and my lfs checks my mag levels weekly. the only thing i have added is a purple zoa and lots od coraline from the treatments

I picked up some of this stuff this week in prep for my arriving corals (2 blue shrooms and one blue zoa colony). Would you say this product works well for you? Every LFS I have been to I have seen these two supplements out near thier coral tanks and when I ask they seem to think this stuff is the end all be all of coral supplements. I'm always a little sketchy about LFS advice so I figured I'd ask how it went for you.

Oh and NEVER ADD ANYTING WITHOUT TESTING FOR IT FIRST!

And use this Reef Chemistry Calculator to determne how much to add

Thanks for the calculator, it will come in handy! I failed to mention before that when I picked up the B-Ionic, I also picked up a Ca kit and I already have an alk kit to monitor the effects. Last thing I'll need to get is a magnesium kit.

Back
Top Bottom