Can I coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
After cycling my tank and adding livestock how much longer should I wait to add coral?

I'm running a biocube 29g. At stock lighting what corals can I keep?

I need people with stock lighting I'm their 29 biocube to give me ideas as to what I can do about corals in my tank... Pictures would be nice. Thank you!

we dont have to have a biocube to help. but for instance lps leathers and polyps youd be fine with. lps higher in the tank though

I have a biocube 29 and you can grow a lot. Most lps, acans and chalice do well. Leathers, mushrooms, and polyps for sure. You could even do a birds nest if you place it high. I would steer clear of xenia and gsp because of the room they can quickly take up. Tell me what you are wanting and I can steer you in the right direction.

Yea, pass on xenia and gsp here as well; too pervasive. Try out mushrooms, palys and some zoanthids, ought to do okay.

Before I get into coral I was thinking of upgrading my lighting system because I really like the deep colors in some corals. im not really interested in a dull color tank. Does anybody know any good and inexpensive upgrades for the biocube?

Bige said:
I have a biocube 29 and you can grow a lot. Most lps, acans and chalice do well. Leathers, mushrooms, and polyps for sure. You could even do a birds nest if you place it high. I would steer clear of xenia and gsp because of the room they can quickly take up. Tell me what you are wanting and I can steer you in the right direction.

I just looked in to some of your threads and I saw you upgraded your lights. Its it really worth it our can I have an attractive coral with the lights I'm runing now?

You can have a lot of attractive coral with the stock light. Chalice, acans have tons of variety and colors. Plate coral, polyps, mushrooms, and brains. Just to name a few. I would stick with stock lighting until you get a feel for what coral you like and want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom